photo google_zps0e96b4e4.png  photo pinterest_zps2f2273e7.png  photo intagram_zps20fd0da0.png  photo youtube_zps5db430e2.png  photo bloglovin_zps46f29f73.png  photo twitter_zps11cdb30c.png

Tuesday 22 September 2009

Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Shampoo and Conditioner WARNING

I change my shampoo every time I run out, at the moment it's the turn of Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Liquid Silk Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner. I've been using this for the past week and have been fairly pleased with the results.

Until now.

I had a shower this evening and while drying myself I noticed that my back felt quite tender. I asked my boyfriend to have a look for me and he counted 15 cystic acne spots on my back!!! I immediately ran to the mirror to see for myself. The spots are in the exact same place where my hair lies on my back. When I wash and condition my hair I will leave the conditioner on for a good 5 minutes before rinsing it off. I think this is when the allergic reaction has happened.

I have never ever had an allergic reaction anything like this before. I do suffer from acne but I believe I have it under control and I have never experienced it on my back before.

I don't know what ingredients in the shampoo and conditioner would cause this reaction, if I knew I would definitely avoid it from now on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Can anyone tell me what I can use to clear it up? I was thinking about taking some antihistamines, would that work?

If your thinking of trying this shampoo I would advise against it, it's not worth the risk - it's going to take weeks for these spots to clear up :(

Pippa xx

7 comments:

  1. Try some antihistamines,they brought down my cystic acne reaction to studio fix fluid.
    Hope it clears up for you!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you poor thing. That's so bad. I hope they clear up and better soon hunni
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - I'll definately try antihistamines, it's so painful
    :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well my eyes and facial skin feels like burning after i used gliss shampoo my eyes really hurt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also tried this . My scalp , my ears and neck are covered in a burning itching rash. Look out if you have sensitive skin !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment xx